Simulated networks – Network related tests for mobile apps need not be such a hassle if the testers are given full control of the network being used. Using a simulated lab network, testers can easily test their mobile apps by simply selecting a network profile and applying it to the device in use. The network profiles carry different parameters like Speed, Delay, Loss for Upload and Download links.This feature helps testers to replicate a myriad of network conditions for testing mobile apps.
How to test your apps by simulating different network conditions?
Applying a Network Profile (Shaping)
- Login to pCloudy
- Select and connect to a device
- Click on Network tab
4. A dialogue box opens up containing different network profiles
5. Select a profile and click on 'Shape' button.
6. User will be notified after successful shaping of the network profile.
7. The selected network condition will be applied.
8. Test your app on the selected network condition.
Changing network profile
During the testing session, when you have already tested on a network simulation and would like to test on another condition, you can change to a different network profile by selecting the 'Network ' tab again under 'Device Settings'. This will help you to test your app on various network profiles.
Removing a Network Profile (Unshaping)
- Click on Network tab/
- Click on 'Unshape' button to return to default conditions of the network.
- This feature can be used in both current testing and and Book Device mode
- During current test session when a device session is extended and then Released mid-session the credits will be deducted only for the used total duration
- In Book Device mode when a device session is extended and then Released mid-session the credits will be deducted for the added time in addition to entire booked duration.